GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an all-India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee).It primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science.The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2015 is IIT Kanpur.
- You can get admission in M. Tech/MS in IISc / IITs / NITs and other Universities as PEC, Thaparwhere you can have abundant campus placements with attractive salary packages ranging from Rs 6 Lakh to 30 Lakh per annumdepending upon your score. And a financial aid of Rs. 8000/- per month is given in the form of UGC scholarship.
- You can shift to management side by doing PG Diploma of 2 year in Industrial engineering in NITIE Mumbai, where admissions are based on GATE score and interview.
- Several public sector undertakings (PSUs) have, in the past, used GATE scores for screening for providing a salaried employment. A select few such organizations are: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, National Thermal Power Corporation, Power Grid India, etc. It is expected that such PSUs would use GATE Scores this year as well.
- If you don’t have first class in Engineering and if it is a hurdle to apply for some of the jobs like teaching, it can be overcome by doing M.Tech/ MS.
- You can try for MS admissions based on GATE score in some of the foreign Universities like in Singapore and Malaysia.