Eligibility for IES
A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- (a) The minimum age attained by the candidate is 21 years and the candidate must not be more than 30 years.
- (b) The candidate must fall in the age bracket of 21 to 30 years on 1st August of the year of examination.
- (c) The upper age limit is 30 but is relaxed in case of Government servants and has been increased to 35 years but the candidate has to be an employee of any department or office under any authority like Railway Department, Central Public Works Department, Military Engineer Service department etc
For admission to the examination, a candidate must have (any one of the following:
● Obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
● Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
● Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
● Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
● Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
● Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
● Candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group ‘A’ in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:
M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.